1. Cookies and Web Beacons
A cookie stores information about a customer’s visits to the Company Website on the customer’s computer or smartphone. A web beacon uses small pieces of image data embedded in websites and e-mails to record the date and time of a customer’s visit, the content of the customer’s visit, connection information, and access information such as cookies.
By using cookies and web beacons, websites can obtain information such as the pages accessed by customers and the number of times they have been accessed. Such information obtained by the Company Website, however, includes no personally identifiable information such as a customer’s name, phone number, or e-mail address.
2. Purpose of Using Cookies and Web Beacons
The Company Website uses the information obtained by cookies and web beacons for the following purposes. The information will never be used for any other purpose.
• Improve the Company Website through research and analysis of statistical access information
• Display customized websites and advertisements for customers
• Improve the quality of our company’s services by reflecting the obtained information in marketing activities
• Record preferences (e.g., languages used) and website behavior (login status)
• Google’s use of information collected from websites and applications that use Google services
• Google Analytics Terms of Service
Adobe Marketo Engage
*Customers to be linked
• Those who have exchanged business cards with our and the Target Group Companies’ sales representatives
• Those who have registered their personal information and attended our and the Target Group Companies’ exhibitions
• Those who have registered their personal information to check product information or download documents on our and the Target Group Companies’ website, etc.
However, customers to be linked are only corporate customers located in Japan that have already done business with us and the Target Group Companies or may do so in the future.
4. Handling of Cookies on Linked Websites